Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Not able to login into Power BI desktop App

I am not able to login in to power BI Desktop app after Nov 2020 update installed but i can able to sign in into Oct 2020  setup file afte installed

Please help

Comments
mlotok
Regular Visitor

I guess I have the same problem.
Here's the message I'm getting right after typing my e-mail:

mlotok_0-1605419021852.png

Any ideas?

mlotok
Regular Visitor

Guess I found the soultion - you need to disable "Enable certificate revocation check" in Power BI desktop options.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as I installed the Nov 2020 update I coudn't log in and was gettign this message:

thailer7_0-1605450989962.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved. Power BI Team already published solution:

thailer7_0-1605452957608.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Amardeep100115 

As above comments, this is a known issue and power bi support team had provided a solution.

Please try it:

Power BI customers using the SU11(Nov 20) release of the Power BI desktop client and attempting to sign-in or publish to service may see the messages, “Sorry, we encountered an error while trying to sign you in. Details: An error occurred while sending the request” or “The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.” This is due to the enforcement of SSL certificates as part of the release . Customers are recommended to upgrade their SSL certificates or disable "Enable certificate revocation check" from File > Options and settings > Options > Security > “Enable certificate revocation check”.

Regards,

Lin

Amardeep100115
Post Prodigy

I Can login now 

Thanks 

Gustavo_Fig
Regular Visitor

Dear all.

From my side, I used 2 different working accounts. My PC is registered with my personal account and when I try to open PBI Desktop and sign in with my service account, I selected my service account, but I don't fill out my password, and then my service account failed to sign in and returned to my personal account without any message.