Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

New Workspace UI Experience - Gateway set up for dataset is not allowing mapping

Hi, I have the new Workspace UI and now I can no longer assign a gateway to a dataset - yet my colleagues with the same access level, but using the old experience have no problems.

The issues are that I can map the gateway to the datasource, but then the apply button is not active (greyed out) and I also have SharePoint connections in the dataset and rather than these showing as optional for the gateway connection, it is asking me to add them (these show up as optional for my colleagues)

I have tested this with a colleague who has identical access levels as I do and it works for her. The only difference is that I have the new UI and she has the old one.

Hi @TeaPea88 ,

I suggest you create a support ticket, engineer will help you with backend logs.

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to: How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Communtiy Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TeaPea88 ,

According to your description, you also have SharePoint connections in the dataset, have you added it in the gateway connection correctly? Only if all data sources added in the Manage Gateways section, the apply button can be available. 

If it still doesn't help, please try the workaroud in this similar thread:

Create a blank PBIX file with the same file name and replace the original. Then upload the original and replace the blank pbix. This resets the gateway mapping and gives you a fresh start.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

TeaPea88
Regular Visitor

Hi, thank you for replying

This did not work - the solution you suggest only addresses one of the issues. I think the main consideration is that if another team member looks at the dataset, they can see something very different from me and can set up the gateway with the sharepoint lists not added - it even says on the screen they are optional (we have the cloud option selected).

This issue is only affecting me and I am the only one with the new workspace experience - perhaps a bug?

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @TeaPea88 ,

In Settings>Manage connections and gateway>On-premise gateway, in gateway settings, check if you have select the option "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster".

vyanjiangmsft_0-1681894135015.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

TeaPea88
Regular Visitor

Hi, yes this is how we have set it up. 

As mentioned, it functions correctly for other users -we are all in the same AD security groups, so it is not an access issue. The only difference is I have the new workspace experience.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TeaPea88 ,

I suggest you create a support ticket, engineer will help you with backend logs.

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to: How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Communtiy Support Team_yanjiang