Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Test as Role functionality no longer works

The row-level security improvements released last month are no longer available in the service. When I test as a role and click the drop-down to change reports, none of the connected reports are listed. It only lists the main report for the dataset. This was working consistently since it was released until this month.

erin2314_0-1697558074886.png

Hi  @erin2314 

You mentioned that this happened after the last month update, so if you recreate a dataset RLS now, will you have the same problem?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @erin2314 

You mentioned that this happened after the last month update, so if you recreate a dataset RLS now, will you have the same problem?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Sj1234
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I face same issue as @erin2314 . As a test, I have recreated RLS on my dataset. Testing the roles in powerbi service learns me that I can see connected reports published in the same workspace as the main dataset. I cannot see connected reports published in a different workspace as the workspace of the main dataset. Before the PBI update this was working fine. It was a great feature, would be nice if this can be restored.

henripe
Regular Visitor

Same here, only reports in the same workspace can be tested as a role. But connected reports in other workspaces cannot be tested as a user no longer.