Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Missing accounts in Google Analytics connector 2.0

Hi.

I'm trying to import google analytics 4 data into Power Bi Desktop using the Google Analytics connector 2.0 and some of the accounts with GA4 properties doesn't appear in the list. My user is set as Administrator for those accounts and properties. Other accounts do show so I'm puzzled. Anyone with the same issue? Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @SocialCo ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @SocialCo ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

SocialCo
Regular Visitor

Hi, I think I found the problem.

The Google Analytics V4 api has pagination with a 50 as default page size for the accounts list, the V3 api hasn't pagination. I think the 2.0 implementation of the connector doesn't follow the pagination and only retrives the first page so the account I'm looking for is out of the list.

cassimama
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I really need to access 400 accounts and i hope this gets resolved soon.

QueryWhiz
Helper V

Hi @SocialCo 2.0 connector I think still needs some improvement. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I currently user windsor.ai's GA4 connector and I can directly export as many GA4 accounts I wish without any issue. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png