Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error Occurring While Trying to Publish A Dashboard

Myself and my team are getting the following issue when trying to publish our dashboards to a workspace: 

An error occurred while attempting to publish "Dashboard.pbix": Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. 

This is the first time we've seen this error and have been unable to find anything about it online so looking for any guidance on how to resolve. 

Hi all,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
JczTampa

I am getting the same error since Friday

david8186

I am getting this also and have been for over a week.  Cannot publish anything from desktop to dashboard. Data upload for .pbix files via PowerBI service also does not work. Why do I pay for licensing when nothing works....PowerBI is just an Excel export tool at this point.

stevengreen
Regular Visitor

am getting the same error, but only recently

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Jessica_10

I am getting the same error in desktop and i can't publish any report in cloud either.

sheepieau
Regular Visitor

This is starting to become a major issue for us as we are in the process of migrating to a different Tenant so are attempting to publish many of our reports with no luck.

It is now impacting multiple users trying to publish.

jasontran
Helper I

Experiencing the same here since May 5th.

Tests attempted below;

• Manual upload of pbix into workspace generates a separate dataset and report with no lineage to existing report 
  • PBI Service Dataflows > Dataset refreshes appear to work fine
  • Slim Desktop reports connected to existing dataset works
  • Cleared Data Cache in Global > Data Load Settings
  • Desktop dataset refreshes are failing 
v-syaswanth
Employee

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft ,
Greetings!!
We have observed the same issue for a different user where they are unable to publish the reports to power bi service and getting the same error mentioned as above.

Could you also please let us know if there is any internal ticket raised on the issue which really helps us to understand the issue better.

AlexandreGielow
Regular Visitor

Same here:

"an error occurred while attempting to publish '...': the remote server returned an error: (500) internal server error"

and sometimes

"an error occurred while attempting to publish '...': the underlying connection was closed: an unexpected error occirred on a receive"

kimberlyag1978
Regular Visitor

I just started getting "An error occurred whil attempting to publish XXX.pbix" : The remost server returned an error: (400) Bad Request". Everything worked fine until about 2pm today and now all of my files are not uploading to be published. I have a huge presentation tomorrow with my dashboards. HELP!