Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Deployment Pipeline - Unable to deploy due to database compatibility level

I'm trying to deploy a datamart using the deployment pipeline from our development workspace to our test workspace but the deployment seems to fail. 

The deployment UI gives a generic error ( Something went wrong, Deployment couldn't be completed. )

I managed to open the datamart in the test workspace before it get deleted and the error displayed is

Tabular databases do not support CompatibilityLevel downgrade. Current CompatibilityLevel: '1604'. Requested CompatibilityLevel: '1561'.

It seems that the newly created datamart is set to level 1604 and the development datamart is level 1561.

Is this a known issue? It makes it impossible to deploy the datamart to the next stage which seems to be a huge issue long term.

Thanks

Hi  @Devv 

There is currently no such known issue. So when you deploy test workspace , you didn't synchronize the datamart deployment over, right? Can you provide a screenshot of the reported error?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Devv 

There is currently no such known issue. So when you deploy test workspace , you didn't synchronize the datamart deployment over, right? Can you provide a screenshot of the reported error?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Devv
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I'm not sure what you mean with 'synchronize the datamart deployment over'. I use the deployment pipelines functionality which is included in Power BI

The error from the Deployment Pipeline is as follows

Devv_0-1701338270782.png

And the error from the datamart which gets automatically deleted after failure

Devv_1-1701338357528.png

When the deployment pipeline starts deploying the datamart to the test environment there is a small window in which the datamart becomes visible and you can watch the deployment from the datamart itself and you can actually see the steps the deployment pipeline is taking but after the failure it immediatly deleted the datamart from the test environment. 

Devv
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Do you happen to have an update for me?

Thanks

Crow2525
Helper I

Hi Devv, did you ever get a fix to your problem?  I've got the same issue.

Devv
Regular Visitor

Hi @Crow2525 

Sadly I never got an update on the issue. So I'm not sure if they are even tracking the bug. The only solution would be completely remaking a new datamart.