Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dataset refresh error on Service

Hello Team,

My Power Bi dataset is not getting refreshed from yesterday. I have found out the issue is with Dataset that contains the Power Bi Dataflow (Legacy) connection sources.

It is throwing the error as "Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token.". However, there is no issue when we go ahead with Power Bi desktop refresh.

The issue is not only with one dataset. The issue reasons are changing time to time. The same datasets were OKAY till yesterday evening GST.

Attaching the error messages for your reference.

shabeer_1-1688631321024.png

shabeer_0-1688631280120.png

Best Rag,

Shabeer M P

Hi @shabeer 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
kevingauv
Advocate II

We got the same error from dataflow to dataflow connection

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @shabeer 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

shabeer
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Any update on the issue?

It's very hard for us to refresh 100's of reports manually.

BR

Shabeer M P

debosul
Frequent Visitor

I think this error is also related to the same problem. Everything worked fine before, but since yesterday it's shown this message:

The service returned an invalid token. 

and in the gateway log it says:

InnerType=OAuthException
InnerMessage=<ccon>The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT administrator if this issue persists.</ccon>
InnerToString=<ccon>Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.OAuthException: The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT administrator if this issue persists. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

1.png

CollinCrossie
Regular Visitor

Same issue here

sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  Every model which connects to a dataflow is failing.   Based on the first comment regarding legacy dataflows... I took a simple model in which had a connection to a web based connector (sharepoint excel file) and 2 connections to dataflows (both legacy) created 2 new connections to those dataflows using the non-legacy connector, got the M code, copied it over my existing queries, republished and same error.  I was assuming this was an issue with the legacy connector, but thats not the case, unless there is some cache, I'm unaware of.  This is only happening in the service and not on desktop.  

We updated the gateway intially thinking that was the issue and we had sucessful refreshes right after, but then they began failing again.  Completley reinstalled the gateway and also no luck.

sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

Thinking this was a legacy dataflow connector issue.. I created a brand new dataset from 3 dataflows using the "Dataflows" connector rather then the "Power BI Dataflows (legacy)".  Published to service and same issue. 

sscott0203_0-1689032122966.png

billyboskovski

We are also having same issue.

The 8:30am scheduled refresh was working yesterday (Sydney Australia) time but today's refresh and any manual ones are failing.

Ram107568
Frequent Visitor

I am facing issue with connecting to postgres. Failed to connect to your data source. Retry with credentials. Whereas, with the same credentials, I am able to connect to DB in postgres. And PowerBI desktop works. When published to web, getting this error for every refresh, be it scheduled or manual

Thanks,

Ramya

dave64164624
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Is there any update? We are facing the same issue, causing many datasets to fail.