Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from Sharepoint

Since monday night, all of my power bi's published on power bi service that used to refresh during the night started to fail and return the error: 

• Data source errorDataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'htt ps :// XXXXXX .sharepoint/(...)

This type of connections is working on power query for excel. 
    It works when I refresh query by query on the power bi desktop
    but doesnt work on the power bi service and aldo with I try to "refresh all" on power bi service. 

My company has no other solution than sharepoint. 
    Is this happening with someone else? 

Hi  @IzaLeo ,

Please ensure that the gateway version is up to date and the report has a gateway selected. If there is no gateway selected, the data source might have changed or might be missing.

If you have a Web connector script that’s using the Web.Page function,  you must use a gateway for refresh to work properly.

Open the report in Power BI Desktop and clear the cache (File > Options and Settings > Options). Then refresh the data in the desktop and save it.

If everything is okay in the desktop version and Service is still failing, it might be a failure in the report in service. Changing the pbix file name and publishing it back should fix it for the new dataset.

Change the Privacy Level in Power BI Desktop: Global setting + Current File setting, such that it is not ignoring the privacy of data. Republish the file to Power BI Service, update the credentials to ‘Organizational’ in Power BI Service

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @IzaLeo ,

Please ensure that the gateway version is up to date and the report has a gateway selected. If there is no gateway selected, the data source might have changed or might be missing.

If you have a Web connector script that’s using the Web.Page function,  you must use a gateway for refresh to work properly.

Open the report in Power BI Desktop and clear the cache (File > Options and Settings > Options). Then refresh the data in the desktop and save it.

If everything is okay in the desktop version and Service is still failing, it might be a failure in the report in service. Changing the pbix file name and publishing it back should fix it for the new dataset.

Change the Privacy Level in Power BI Desktop: Global setting + Current File setting, such that it is not ignoring the privacy of data. Republish the file to Power BI Service, update the credentials to ‘Organizational’ in Power BI Service

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

IzaLeo
Advocate I

Good morning, 

So, this is what appears about the gateway:

IzaLeo_1-1696406996863.png

About refresh on the desktop, already did all the steps, and only refreshes when it's query by query, if i try to refresh all, it fails, saying cannot connect to the sharepoint. 

This happend in May this year, i published about it, dind get any solutions, other users had the same issue, and it stated working again on his own. 

IzaLeo
Advocate I

@v-xiaoyan-msft , could you please help ?

I already tryed everuthing you say, but i stil cannot refresh power bi's linked to the sharepoint. It's taking over 3 hours to be able to refresh one single table on the power bi desktop to a file with 357KB. 
It doesnt make any sense. Yhis was woking fone ultil monday night.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @IzaLeo ,

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn