Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data labels that appear fine on Power BI desktop do not appear on Power BI Service.

Data labels that appear fine on Power BI desktop do not appear on Power BI Service.

I have 2 identical bar charts, we can see the labels on one but not on the other. Bith appear fine on Desktop.

On Service we get this:
Can't display this visual. Data labels in this visual were modified and may not match the corresponding values.

gp10_0-1704740318045.png

The only way so far to fix it is to re-do the visual.

It has been posted here as well:
- https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Data-labels-not-showing-up-in-App-error/m-p/359846...
- https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Data-labels-in-this-visual-were-modified-and-may-n...

Its clearly a bug that needs to be fixed.

Hi @gp10 ,

We have seen on our internal platform that other engineers have reported and submitted this issue.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.
The fix is being deployed and is expected to be completed in a future update of the February release.
Please be patient.

Best regards.
Community_Support_Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @gp10 

What version of Desktop are you currently using, and does the Data labels issue only occur with bar charts? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

gp10
Advocate III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,
I am at the November 2023 version. Not sure if I used the December one in another machine too.
In my case it was the Clustered Bar Chart.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @gp10 

Can you test it with 2.124.1554.0 64-bit (December 2023) and then publish it to Service ? I need to confirm if this issue still exists in the new version.

Best Regards,

gp10
Advocate III
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @gp10 

I tested it according to your description and you can see that the data label is displayed properly in both Desktop and Service. If you can restore this issue on your end, can you provide your sample for testing?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Recording 2024-01-12 at 10.27.55.gif

Best Regards,

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @gp10 ,

We have seen on our internal platform that other engineers have reported and submitted this issue.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.
The fix is being deployed and is expected to be completed in a future update of the February release.
Please be patient.

Best regards.
Community_Support_Team_Caitlyn

gp10
Advocate III

@v-xiaoyan-msftgreat news, thanks for the update.

Hoping
Helper II

I am still facing this error on March-01-2024 on the Desktop Version  2.126.927.0 64-bit