Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Copilot data access

Hi, when I try to use Copilot within Power BI, it seems like Copilot can only answer questions on the data that is displayed/viewable(I tried A/B testing and so far my understanding is that is the case). Is that true and if so how to enable Copilot to run the queries across all the data in Power BI dashboard, irrespective of whether that is visible or not. 

Hi @medichalam ,

Copilot can't understand complex intent. If a prompt is complex, and Copilot will probably generate irrelevant visuals.

We're continuously working to improve the quality of the report pages, including visuals and summaries generated by Copilot. Here are the current limitations.

Overview of Copilot for Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @medichalam ,

Copilot can't understand complex intent. If a prompt is complex, and Copilot will probably generate irrelevant visuals.

We're continuously working to improve the quality of the report pages, including visuals and summaries generated by Copilot. Here are the current limitations.

Overview of Copilot for Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn