Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Canvas background is with SVG files

Good morning, 

I've had this bug with . SVG files that we use as Canvas backgrounds in our Power BI. The method by exporting through powerpoint to SVG we use is similar to guy in a cube: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKkav_W-jiQ @ timestamp 5:44).

Recently the desktop and service are cut but the version in MS Teams is still good. I’ve recently adopted JPEG however this isn’t ideal as the image isn’t as sharp. Has there been any progress with this issue?

Seems this has occurred to at least two other users:

Canvas Background not fit in the power BI desktop ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Custom Canvas Background Not Fully Loading - Microsoft Power BI Community

See below screenshot.

J3an_0-1684420006774.png

J3an_1-1684420018709.png

J3an_2-1684420028434.png

Hi @J3an ,

Have you tried the workaround mentioned in the thread above? This issue has been previously feed back to the product team by ticket support engineers, but there is no clear ETA for fix.

”My custom backgrounds were saved as a '.svg' file and uploaded in PowerBI. When changing the file to a '.jpg' and uploading it to PowerBI, the bug ceased to exist.“

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @J3an ,

Have you tried the workaround mentioned in the thread above? This issue has been previously feed back to the product team by ticket support engineers, but there is no clear ETA for fix.

”My custom backgrounds were saved as a '.svg' file and uploaded in PowerBI. When changing the file to a '.jpg' and uploading it to PowerBI, the bug ceased to exist.“

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

J3an

Hi! I have a work around for this using figma. 

Export slide from powerpoint into .SVG

Place image.

export again to SVG.

The new SVG generated by  Figma works great HOWEVER the fonts may not match. My understanding is because its a google product rather than microsoft.

Also, once the SVG is loaded into P BI, you'll need to tinker with canvas size.