Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Can't create fabric/Powerbi account - "too many requests" error

Hi,

When I have gone to create an account to use the free trial for fabric/powerbi (and used a work email address), it will ask to verify phone number. No matter if I use call or text, or which phone I do this on the same issue appears "too many requests try again later". I have tried this over two days at different time intervals.

I have tried clearing cache and using incognito to do this also.

I can't really use a different email address as it is my work email address, but how can this be resolved?

Thanks guys I look forward to your answers!

Hi @Richard_bigdata 

Power BI requires that you use a work or school email address. You can't sign up or purchase using email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. These services include outlook.comhotmail.comgmail.com 。

You can try out Power BI and Fabric with a Microsoft 365 trial. 

Sign up for Power BI with a new Microsoft 365 trial - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Richard_bigdata 

Power BI requires that you use a work or school email address. You can't sign up or purchase using email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. These services include outlook.comhotmail.comgmail.com 。

You can try out Power BI and Fabric with a Microsoft 365 trial. 

Sign up for Power BI with a new Microsoft 365 trial - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao