Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in quick filter in PBI Desktop

When I try to create a quick filter the program freezes for awhile and then suggest to send an error message.

When trying to send the message the same suggestion pops up again and again. 

Only way to proceed is to close Power BI Desktop via task manager.

The problem appears at least with filter: difference from filtered values

Hi @MurtoMan 

This issue will be fixed with the next version of PBI Desktop. Please be patient and wait for the version update, thank you for your cooperation !

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @MurtoMan 

Does the freeze in Power BI Desktop only happen when you create a quick filter? Are you performing other operations where Power BI Desktop freezes? When did this happen? What version are you currently using?

Best Regards,

MurtoMan
Helper I

Hi,

Yes it freezes the PBI desktop only. I'm not performing any other operations when this happens. Otherwise PBI desktop is working fine.

It happens with 2nd and 3rd filters from top when trying to select them in quick measures 

MurtoMan_0-1713760314952.png

I'm using the latest version of desktop.

2.128.952.0 64-bit (april 2024)

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @MurtoMan 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MurtoMan 

This issue will be fixed with the next version of PBI Desktop. Please be patient and wait for the version update, thank you for your cooperation !

Best Regards,