Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: Small multiples breaks shared y axis on line and clustered column chart

In the line and clustered column chart and line and stacked column chart visuals, there is the option to use two measures, and view them displayed on either one or two y axis.

On basic, single-measure visuals where small multiples are used, the y axis can synchronise across the differnt small measures using the 'shared y axis' option in the visual options. 

The issue is that when the two-measure visuals try to use small multiples, the y axis do not work properly. The secondary measure will not be taken into account when the axis range is designed.

I'm guessing that this is the result of the small multiples feature for these charts not having the axis designed to use the highest of all values. The range of the shared y-axis is determined entirely by the primary measure used, and not by the full range of both of the primary and secondary.

I have prepared an example pbix and visuals (fake data). As you can see, the y axis cuts out at the 800 mark, when it should go up to above 2000. The problem occurs regardless of whether the small multiple panes are vertically or horizontally aligned.

TM_Visual_0-1689754365568.png

Compare this to how the data looks if it was shown on two seperate visuals

TM_Visual_1-1689754407598.png

The Target value for Man-USA is very high, but in the first picture (blue columns) , the number is displayed correctly on the tooltip but the marker is too low.

Hi @TM_Visual 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Also, what version of Desktop are you using for testing?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @TM_Visual 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Also, what version of Desktop are you using for testing?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

TM_Visual
Advocate III

@v-yetao1-msft , hopefully this works: BUG shared Y axis on small multiples.pbix

The report has a page showing the data if it were displayed on two seperate tables, and another page where the table is displayed on small multiples, and which is incorrect.

Version is the latest, July 2023.