Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DanielLynch8
Regular Visitor

"Download Excel File" in Fabric SQL Query Editor not working

The "Download Excel File" button does not appear to work in the Fabric SQL Query editor on a Warehouse. As instructed, I am selecting the SELECT statement which produces the table which I want to export to Excel. However, when I select "Download Excel File" and then click the "Continue" button , nothing happens. This is even on basic queries with no transformations, i.e. just selecting all rows and columns from a single table. This issue is occurring on latest Microsoft Edge browser.

Is anyone else experiencng this issue or have a fix?

I have included a screenshot of the popup below when I select "Download Excel File":

Download Excel File Issue.png

16 REPLIES 16
jacindaeng
Employee
Employee

Thanks for reaching out @DanielLynch8. Although you already might have found the solution through this discussion thread, our team has also updated our documentation to provide further detailed steps on the "Download Excel file" experience. Please take a look and let us know if this resolves your issue.

daxman
Helper II
Helper II

I'm experiencing the same issue for both the SQL and Visual Query editors: "Download Excel File" not working in Lakehouse SQL... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hi @daxman , @DanielLynch8 ,
I have reached to the internal for help on this. They are working on this to find out the root cause of the issue. I will update you once I hear back from them.
Thanks for your patience.

Hi,
Apologies for the issue you're experiencing. I tried this scenario and I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my end. I am able to download the excel file and also load the data into it. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.
Can you please check if your organization has turned off export to Excel in the tenant settings?
Can you also provide the .har file to me for us to troubleshoot this issue further? Here's instructions on how you can do that: How to collect a network trace | Microsoft Learn

vnikhilanmsft_1-1695914019885.png

vnikhilanmsft_0-1695913879572.png

I can confirm that my Tenant Settings allows for Exporting to Excel across the entire organization: 

daxman_0-1696254764991.png

When I ran the Network trace, indeed there was an error for "xlsx" name with the status code "400: Bad Request".

How should I provide you with the .har file?

Hi @daxman ,
I have attached a link about how to get a har file. Please follow those steps and send me the har file.
Thanks

I already have the .har file, I am asking how can I send it to you? I do not see an option to add an attachment to the post.

Hi @daxman ,
Please attach the .har file along with your post. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

vnikhilanmsft_1-1696256923464.png

Unfortunately, I am not able to, it says .har is unsupported.

daxman_0-1696257115587.png

I also tried .zip and that is also unsupported.

@v-nikhilan-msft I have shared a link for you to download the .har file with you in a direct message. Thank you!

Hi @daxman ,
Thanks for sharing the file. I have reached the internal team for help on this issue. We will update you once I hear back from them. Appreciate your patience.

Hi @daxman ,
As per the issue you should turn on sensitivity label for your data and this will fix the issue. And also there is a bug fix going on and the team is working on fixing the issue in upcoming releases of Fabric. Currently, we don't have any ETA when it will be available. 

We are reaching out to the internal team to get more information related to ETA and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Stay tuned for more updates.

@DanielLynch8 this is the solution to the issue

Hi @DanielLynch8 , @daxman ,
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution, please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Hi @DanielLynch8 , @daxman ,
We havent heard from you on the last response. Just following up to check whether your query got resolved. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielLynch8 ,

Thanks for using the Fabric community and reporting this . 

I have reached to the internal for help on this. I will update you once I hear from them.

Appreciate your patience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors