Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vi1996ash
Employee
Employee

Unable to create shortcut table

Question 1:
We have our table stored in the format abfss://container@storageaccount.dfs.core.windows.net/gold/table_name/full. When creating a shortcut from the API, the table is placed in an unidentified folder within the Tables section. It works correctly if table were in format abfss://container@storageaccount.dfs.core.windows.net/gold/table_name/ which is not in our case. How can we use "adlsGen2" in our case.

For now first we are creating shortcut for the container and then using "oneLake" target in api we are giving file path. 

payload = json.dumps({
         "name": table_name,
         "path": "Tables/"+table_name,
         "target": {
             "adlsGen2": {
             "location": "https://+storage_account.dfs.core.windows.net",
             "subpath": "/gold/table_name/full",
             "connectionId": connection_id
             }
         }
         })

Question 2:

My spn have access to a lake house folder3 and not in any of the parent folder. in https://storageaccount.dfs.core.windows.net/container/folder1/folder2/folder3. In databricks i am able to list folder3 data not fails while accessing folder2 because spn doesn't have access on that. I am not able to manually creating shortcut on folder3. It is creating on container and when i try to expand the container to see folder1 then it fails and says spn doesnot have access. 

My question is to access folder3 do i need access at parent folder too? my client won't provide me the access can you give possible solution.

4 REPLIES 4
vi1996ash
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-cboorla-msft , Problem 1 is solved. Can you check on problem 2.

Hi @vi1996ash 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @vi1996ash 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you've had a chance to submit a support ticket. If you have, a reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vi1996ash 

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.