Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GuillaumeBer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to Publish Pipeline : {"code":UnknownError","pbi.error":{"code":{UnknownError"}}

I created my first Fabric Data Factory pipeline (from data copy wizard) and when I tried to save and run it,  I got the following error message :

Request failed with 500(Internal Server Error): {"error":{"code":"UnknownError","pbi.error":{"code":"UnknownError"}}}, requestid: 79d3e74a-a71f-bf73-d32c-345e4b6a0695"

GuillaumeBer_0-1685972608905.png

see ID#2306050050002903

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes, it is a bug - Table action parameterization causes the error. Bug is tracked internally. 

View solution in original post

Fix is in rollout. Tentive ETA to be available for all regions is mid Jul. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MichBDO
Frequent Visitor

I also get this error although I have the Table action on 'Append'. My source is a single XLSX file in a file folder in the lakehouse and the destination is a table in the lakehouse. What could be the cause of this?

The issue tracked is for parameterization of Table action or Partition Option. Can you open a separate thread? 

Hi @GraceGu , I couldn't find the issue_Id about parameterization of table action on https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/en-us/known-issues ? 

ajarora
Employee
Employee

The above mentioned bug on pipelines will not impact dataflows, please start a separate thread for it.

GraceGu
Employee
Employee

@GuillaumeBer Is this error consistent? or transient?

I am seeing similar issue and it's consistent

Hi @GraceGu , yes it's consistent, here is a new tentative I just made for you now 

I can repro this.

It is likely caused by: inside copy activity, generated parameterization does not work. 

GraceGu_1-1686205125509.png

Work-around: Remove the paraterization, manually set this table action, then save. 

GraceGu_2-1686205174889.png

Hi @GraceGu , I'm not sure to understand your workaround proposal.

1/ as you can see below I did validate the Pipeline and it's all good.
2/ if I remove the parameterization of the target table in this pipeline it will not work (multiple source tables are copied)

So if you tell me that it's indeed a bug and that has been referenced with Bug_ID#xyz (+I can track/subscribe to this bug status) then that's perfectly fine for me to wait for a fix (since Fabric is still in Public Preview.) Thanks for your confirmation

pipeline failed Fabric.png

Yes, it is a bug - Table action parameterization causes the error. Bug is tracked internally. 

Fix is in rollout. Tentive ETA to be available for all regions is mid Jul. 

SamWilliams
Regular Visitor

I'm getting a similar error when publishing a dataflow gen2:

---------- Message ----------

Unhandled HTTP Request Exception. Status Code: 500. Reason: undefined. Response Text: {"error":{"code":999999,"message":"Something went wrong, please try again later. If the error persists, please contact support.","details":null}}.

---------- Stack ----------

ApiResponseError: Unhandled HTTP Request Exception. Status Code: 500. Reason: undefined. Response Text: {"error":{"code":999999,"message":"Something went wrong, please try again later. If the error persists, please contact support.","details":null}}.

at Bt.handleLoadEvent (https://us.prod.powerquery.microsoft.com/DataflowsApp/scripts/app.a596db03743bdca27024.bundle.js:2:9...)

at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (https://us.prod.powerquery.microsoft.com/DataflowsApp/scripts/app.a596db03743bdca27024.bundle.js:2:9...)

---------- Session ID ----------

da688575-994f-4418-8bd8-d3fb04446690

Was working Friday, so I expect there is a service issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.