Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

antoniofarias
Regular Visitor

Tables are going to files folder instead of tables

I using the Azure Data Factory to ingest tables inside the Fabric Lakehouse, I did the ingestion from AWS S3 and SQL Server, it worked normally. 

When I try to ingest from Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL the tables is going to file folder instead of Table folder.

If I open the folder of each table file, I'll find in some tables, a parquet file and delta logs and other find just the delta logs, but if I try in the tables who has parquet files load inside the table folder, it works and the table appears.

Is there any configuration to do, so they automatically goes to table folder? 

antoniofarias_0-1714654255859.pngantoniofarias_1-1714654288686.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
antoniofarias
Regular Visitor

After a lot investigation, the solution it's simple: 

When tables are ingested into a lakehouse, they initially land in an unconfirmed folder. If you try to access this folder by its table name, you might encounter a message stating that it's not possible to create a shortcut table, and that the table should be moved to a file folder to be kept inside the lakehouse. To resolve this, simply wait a few minutes, then refresh the lakehouse. The table should then appear in the table folder.

If you move the unconfirmed tables to files folder, they won't go to table folder, so you will need to do this in manual form, one per one. It's happenning exatcly this, I was not waiting and moving all the table to files folder.

antoniofarias_0-1715007373375.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
antoniofarias
Regular Visitor

After a lot investigation, the solution it's simple: 

When tables are ingested into a lakehouse, they initially land in an unconfirmed folder. If you try to access this folder by its table name, you might encounter a message stating that it's not possible to create a shortcut table, and that the table should be moved to a file folder to be kept inside the lakehouse. To resolve this, simply wait a few minutes, then refresh the lakehouse. The table should then appear in the table folder.

If you move the unconfirmed tables to files folder, they won't go to table folder, so you will need to do this in manual form, one per one. It's happenning exatcly this, I was not waiting and moving all the table to files folder.

antoniofarias_0-1715007373375.png

Hi @antoniofarias 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

antoniofarias
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-nikhilan-msft, thanks to your reply!

Another thing, I said it worked with SQL Server and AWS S3, but I noticed they worked because the tables already exists, so I think just overwrite, but when the table doensn't exist, goes to file folder.

How the tables are been saving, each folder it's a table: 

antoniofarias_6-1714747269733.png

How the files are been saving: 

antoniofarias_1-1714744526661.png

Source:

antoniofarias_2-1714745442670.png

Sink:

antoniofarias_3-1714745619785.png

Dataset:

antoniofarias_4-1714745762021.png

Linked Service:

antoniofarias_5-1714746211408.png

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @antoniofarias 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you please provide me the screenshot of the lakehouse files section and files created using the pipeline? 

Understanding the Behavior:

By default, ADF's copy activity treats data from relational databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL as flat structures. It creates separate files for data and schema information (delta logs) when copying.

Configure Linked Services:
Ensure your linked services for PostgreSQL and MySQL are configured correctly. Refer to Microsoft documentation for details:

There is a similar issue here: 
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76821736/azure-data-factory-copy-activity-only-copying-table-str...
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.