Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ebjim
Helper IV
Helper IV

SQL endpoint not available

ebjim_0-1693405552909.png

Anyone else experiencing this? Dataflows that point to a lakehouse source are generating errors but the DFs are not the issue. Just clicking any lakehouse SQL endpoint will result in the error. It's occuring in both shared and personal workspaces. Time-wise, we started seeing this on 6:30am central today (30 Aug).

1 REPLY 1
DaveJK

I am having an issue where the SQL endpoint/Lakehouse is essentially unavailable, although I do not get the error message you're getting.  Querying metadata (i.e. Object Explorer) works, but querying anything else behaves essentially like there is a blocking process on the database/server. 

A simple query such as a count on a small table in SSMS hangs indefinitely, as does canceling that query.  In the web UI, clicking on a single table with around 500 rows also hangs indefinitely.  There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done.  I had an issue start around 17:00 US Central last night, and went at least until midnight.  At some point overnight it freed up again, but is once again stuck this morning.  I'll be submitting a support ticket for this as it makes our systems inoperable.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors