Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mounting the storage account in a notebook using azure key vault

I want to mount an ADLS Gen2 account

in a notebook .

poojitha_yeluru_0-1714461819604.png

getting below error

poojitha_yeluru_1-1714461866880.png

11 REPLIES 11
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Here are few options to connect to ADLS gen2 in Fabric -
Databricks and Fabric — writing to OneLake and ADLS Gen2 | by Aitor Murguzur | Medium
Solved: read Azure Data Lake from notebook fabric - Microsoft Fabric Community

Additional Docs to refer -
Create an Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 shortcut - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

I was going through the spark utilities in fabric documentation there I went to the Mount via shared access signature token or account key
when I execute below code 

poojitha_yeluru_0-1714463840245.png

It is giving me error, I know we can create connection to adls from settings through manage connection and gateways and also through shortcuts, but when I execute above code why it is not working . 

Hi @ ,

Thanks for sharing the doc, let me go through it once and provide some insights over it.

Hi @poojitha_yeluru ,

Apologies for the delay in reply from our side.
It looks like you don't appropriate access inorder to get the secrets from key vault.
Can you please confirm whether you have access to it or not?

vgchennamsft_0-1714729482675.png

Hi @v-gchenna-msft 
I had attached the level of acces to my key vault . If these roles are not sufficient, please let me know I will add them.

poojitha_yeluru_0-1714876321118.png

Hi @poojitha_yeluru ,

Please refer this doc - Reading and Writing Secrets in Azure Key Vault Using Microsoft Fabric Notebooks (iterationinsights.c...

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @v-gchenna-msft , I had gone through the above link I had choose the 

Hi @poojitha_yeluru ,

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @poojitha_yeluru ,

It would be good to see what code you actually executing and the error, but it seems extremely likely that the two different accounts is the reason. The user that is executing in Fabric, would need to be the same user with access to the keyvault.

Please share the complete code in private message.

Hello @poojitha_yeluru ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @poojitha_yeluru ,

As discussed internally, the reason for your issue is because of using two different accounts in Azure and Fabric. 

I hope you got some insight on your query. Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.