Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mfidev
Frequent Visitor

Missing the option to create a fabric Lakehouse

Hi there, 

I am trying to follow some tutorials about the implementation of fabric and the creation of a lakehouse but for some reason I can only create an environment with my data engineering profile but no lakehouse. Any idea what I am missing here? I signed up for the 60 days fabric trial period. 

mfidev_1-1700673023325.png

9 REPLIES 9
tobiasdecker
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I have a developer trial account. If anyone has an idea how to solve the problem, I would be very happy... Thanks!

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mfidev couple of things here:

1. Are the Fabric features enabled?

AndyDDC_0-1700729937125.png

2. Is the workspace you're using allocated to the Fabric trial capacity?

AndyDDC_1-1700729993968.png

Hi @mfidev did you get any further with this?

Hey AndyDDC, 

thanks for your reply. I have enabled users to create Fabric items as well as set the workspace to a premium trial (see screenshots below).

mfidev_1-1701067194061.png

mfidev_0-1701067155221.png

But still there is no option to create the data lakehouse when trying to create a new object within the workspace in the data engineering section.

mfidev_2-1701067289777.png

Unfortunately it seems that others dont run into that issue but I have no idea what I am missing. 😕 

@mfidev by the screenshot you've enabled Data Activator, is the second option underneath it also enabled, that's the "Users can create fabric items"?

@AndyDDC 
I guess that would be the one that is greyed out but still checked here or?

mfidev_1-1701119039924.png

I have that also using other office premium accounts I have access to. Could it be that it has something to do with my microsoft 365 account? or do you have another idea? 

This may be a licensing issue with your user accounts. In order to create Fabric items, a user account must have a Pro license associate with it. Can you check? 

Hey @AndyDDC , 

first and foremost thank you for all your thoughts and always coming back and trying to find a solution. I very much appreciate that and dont take it for granted. 

I took a screenshot of my subscriptions in my office admin interface.
These are my current licences: 

mfidev_0-1701253058247.png

So I do have Pro as well as Premium per User plus the Fabric Trial. And it is strange that I have the same issue not being able to create a lakehouse when logging into other premium accounts that I have access to. Could it be a regional issue that a lakehouse isnt rolled out in Germany maybe? 🤔

Yes, that's the reason - Fabric is not available in Germany. 🇨🇭 works fine https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/admin/region-availability

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.