Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Trent_P

Lakehouse Backup

I have begun using Fabric for data storage to use with PowerBI. I have a relatively simple, yet time consuming, task of combining hundreds of Excel files into a Lakehouse table that i can then connect a PowerBI report to for each customer. 

However, I am concerned as it seems far too easy to accidently delete a table or even an entire Lakehouse. Is there a way to backup these Lakehouses and tables so that if one were to be unintentionally deleted or a user accidently chose "replace" instead of "append" all of the table data would not be lost? 

4 REPLIES 4
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/security/experience-specific-guidance

this may help if you want to backup data to another lakehouse (doesn't matter if it's region fail, the overall process would work)

Hello @Trent_P ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @Trent_P ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

User replacing the data in delta tables can be easily recovered using the time travel support of Delta. 

But the other scenarios that you had mentioned - Deleting table or lakehouse - Currently there is no backup support of lakehouses. The best you can do is manually replicate the data to another lakehouse. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors