Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

flowerkowski
Advocate I
Advocate I

Importing existing notebook to Fabric takes forever and does not finish

I am trying to import a small Notebook (157 KB) folowing a tutorial:

flowerkowski_0-1685603882859.png

But it gets stuck at 30%, 19 minutes and still going:

flowerkowski_1-1685603925013.pngflowerkowski_2-1685603939233.png

Has anyone faced a similar issue and what can I do to try and resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HariChandran

I have encountered the same problem and successfully resolved it by uploading a file that wasn't corrupted. Even if the file is corrupted, we still encounter this issue. To address it, open the notebook in Visual Studio Code and ensure it opens correctly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

@flowerkowski Sure and thanks for sharing the information on the issue.

Regards

Geetha

HariChandran

I have encountered the same problem and successfully resolved it by uploading a file that wasn't corrupted. Even if the file is corrupted, we still encounter this issue. To address it, open the notebook in Visual Studio Code and ensure it opens correctly.

Thanks @HariChandran this was it, although I downloaded the notebooks from MS tutorial it seems they are not opening even in VS Code:

flowerkowski_0-1687419559677.png

Thanks for the solution to this issue.

DeanWHall
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi - I have the same issue and i is always 30%, very small files and happens in My / Trial and Paid capcities exactly the same.

GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @flowerkowski I have a trial workspace and I have imported a Notebook which was less than a second are you still facing this issue?

Regards

Geetha

Hi @GeethaT-MSFT unfortunately, yes I still have the same issue, just tried today and again it gets stuck at 30% uploading, couple of kilobytes file:

flowerkowski_0-1687330197668.png

DeanWHall
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have the same issue - always 30% and not impacted by file size. Any suggestions are welcome..

wahmed20
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have created another workspace

wahmed20
Resolver I
Resolver I

My was not uploading. I logout then login it qucikly uploaded

In My Workspace or you have a dedicated Fabric Trial workspace, I tried your solution, but unfortunately it is still not uploading. 

I am sorry that you are still facing the issue, let me check with internal product team and provide you with more details.

Regards

Geetha

Hi @GeethaT-MSFT I have accepted a solution on this issue, the notebook I downloaded from the MS tutorial was corrupted and that is why it was not uploading it. Maybe you can let the internal product team about the issue so more minigfull error is generated when someone tries to upload a corrupted notebook or a file. 

Thanks for the help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.