Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

germo
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How to easy script all objects in warehouse or Lakehouse sql endpoint?

Version Control is "coming soon", but it is not yet available. My commercial comparing tool has the. support on the roadmap. But how to work this will be implemented?

Visual Studio SchemaCompare doesn't work, because when connecting to an Azure content I can't switch the account to be used.

I use SSMS to connect with lakehouse sql endpoints or warehouse. Normal databases have options to create a script of all objects, but these items are not available for fabric content.

What would be an easy way to script database objects from time to time to get the structure under source control?

3 REPLIES 3
GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

I agree, we're still in the very early stages and I'm positive that in the near future, we'll have SVC fully integrated into Microsoft Fabric.

Regards

Geetha

GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @germo  Thanks for posting your question in Microsoft Fabric community I have been trying the "Synapse VS Code" extension for a few days now, still in pre-release, but it can connect to Fabric workspaces and I think it might work in your case

Regards

Geetha

I tested this VSC Extension one or two weeks ago. It can connect to the workspace, notebooks are available. But this extension didn't yet work for me. The automatic merging is unusable for me, especially in case of merge conflicts. The extensions just takes the local version and don't allow me to select the server version. I think, this could be implemented later, and I created issues.

Let me say, I believe, in the future there will be all, what we need. But for now the missing source control integration is my main issue. I hope that this becomes a high priority. For now, playing a bit with fabric is fine. But for real development it is too early (for me).

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors