Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Fabric Capacity Metrics issue today?

Does anyone else have the following problem after installing Fabric Capacity Metrics?

This is the error I get:

Screenshot 2024-03-18 143443.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apologies @v-nikhilan-msft , my bad!  Because I couldn't find the capacity ID anywhere in the UI, but could find the capacity name, I thought perhaps that would be OK too. So,  setting up the app Connect with the capacity name causes the problem.  

Once I figured out where to find the capacity ID in the Power BI admin portal (I am not the admin, by now that should be obvious ;-)), it all works as usual.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I've seen this come up occasionally. Only solution I've found was to uninstall the app (delete the workspace) and install it again. 

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for using Fabric Community. 
Are you facing this issue recently? Did the app work for you before?
Please provide me the above details for understanding the issue better.
Thanks

Hi @Element115 
I was able to use the metrics app in my account without any issues. Please make sure that you are on the latest version of the app and try again. You will also receive notifications when a new version is available that includes a link to do the install as well. 

vnikhilanmsft_0-1710866909598.png

If you are still facing issues, please uninstall the metrics app and install it again.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Apologies @v-nikhilan-msft , my bad!  Because I couldn't find the capacity ID anywhere in the UI, but could find the capacity name, I thought perhaps that would be OK too. So,  setting up the app Connect with the capacity name causes the problem.  

Once I figured out where to find the capacity ID in the Power BI admin portal (I am not the admin, by now that should be obvious ;-)), it all works as usual.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors