Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

asankab
Helper I
Helper I

Error when reading a ADLSGen2 csv from a synapse notebook while the private endpoint is enabled

Hi,

• With a SASS token i was able to read the data from the notebook (when the network access of the storage account is public) interactive mode.
  • Also, i was able to read the data via a pipeline copy activity (when the synapse managed private enpoint is enabled (note at this time the storage account public access is disabled, plus a link service) 

But when i tried to read the .csv data which is available inside the same ADLSGen2 container from a synapse spark notebook it fails wuth the below error?

AnalysisException: [PATH_NOT_FOUND] Path does not exist: abfss://<<root-folder>>@<<containername>>.dfs.core.windows.net/data/sales.csv

any support to identofy the cause of the issue is and how to get it resolved would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the hint v-gchenna-msft!

Was able to find and fix the issue, the problem was with the path. Now its working! 😊

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asankab ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you please share the screenshot of the issue along with the code?
Do you have proper access to it? and did you cross checked the abfs path?

If you can provide these details, I would be able to guide you better.

Here is the code, I am using to read the .csv

file_path = "abfss://data@adlsgen2x.dfs.core.windows.net/data/sales.csv"
df = spark.read.csv(file_path, header=True, inferSchema=True)
df.show(5)

Thanks for the hint v-gchenna-msft!

Was able to find and fix the issue, the problem was with the path. Now its working! 😊

Hi @asankab ,

Glad to know that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.