Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ebjim
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deleted lakehouse table still appering in SQL endpoint

LHexplorer.PNGSQLendpoint.PNG

A table named Client was deleted from the lakehouse (see left image) but still shows up in the SQL endpoint (see right image). Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ebjim ,
Thanks for the update. Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
cwk-twoday

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 
We have just experienced this bug on a customer solution, where we deleted the lakehouse tables, but they did not dissapear in the SQL endpoint - waited almost a day and the refresh of the table list in the web ui still show the tables in the SQL endpoint.
When an end user queried the deleted tables on the SQL endpoint via SSMS then the query just ran forever....
Really annoying bug!

We found a possible workaround. When we created and reloaded the deleted tables in the lakehouse with data, and afterwards deleted them (again), then they dissapeared in the SQL endpoint this time....

chris__1
Helper III
Helper III

I am currently seeing the exact same thing: lakehouse table that i delete in the lakehouse view stay visible in the sql endpoint view and inside the onelake explorer in windows. refreshing the sql endpoint or syncing the onelake explorer does not do the trick.

this gets especially confusing when you first delete a table in the lakehouse, then recreate a new table (via dateflow g2) by the same name: it appears that queries from the sql endpoint return the data from the first version of this table (that you think you deleted) - the new one is just available in lakehouse. 

...the time you need to finally figure out whats happening here.... fun times

Edit: refreshing the sql endpoint now fails:

We couldn't get your SQL analytics endpoint's updated schema

The lock '4789d562-037c-47fe-98ab-bc22e00f8930@8a2c5578-3ff0-486f-83e3-fb730a31f08c' cannot be acquired (already in use).
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Hide details
Activity ID9f18366f-7587-4023-b36b-f13eba61a72d
Request ID23fe6b93-71af-4e39-afa8-1e905602f433
Correlation ID573e304c-af06-8fcf-1584-9b366cd065b1
Status code400
TimeFri Dec 15 2023 00:42:40 GMT+0100 (Mitteleuropäische Normalzeit)
Service version13.0.22202.65
Client version2312.1.17115-train
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-europe-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

In the past few days, I have seen some variation of that error appear. I would wait for a minute before retrying and that would resolve the issue (at least for me). 

As for the deleting lakehouse tables, these days, I would rename them first (e.g. Tablename -> TablenameOLD) before deleting them. That way, I can delete once I am done with everything else and if the SQL endpoint takes a lot longer to catch up, at least I know I have what I need in the lakehouse.

thanks @ebjim renaming before deleting is a good idea!

as for the error when refreshing the sql endpoint: its been like this for more than a day now, and i remember a couple of months back when i was first playing around with fabric i also experienced this... so i think there might be something to improve here...

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebjim ,
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I have tried to create a repro of the scenario. After deleting my table in the Lakehouse, I am no longer able to see the table in SQL endpoint. I have attached the screenshots for the same.

1) Before deleting the table:

vnikhilanmsft_2-1697169815140.png

2) After deleting :

vnikhilanmsft_3-1697169857596.png

3) SQL endpoint:

vnikhilanmsft_4-1697170003481.png

Try refreshing the tables section in the SQL endpoint. Do let me know if you are still facing an issue. 
As, I understand your comment here : Deteriorating warehouse and lakehouse performance ... - Microsoft Fabric Community, you have raised a support ticket for the same issue.
Thanks for raising a support ticket. Kindly provide the support ticket details so that we can track it for further information.

Thank you

@v-nikhilan-msft I did try refreshing (a lot) but nothing happened. Something did happen overnight and the SQL endpoint is now in sync. That said, waiting for something to clear up overnight is not really a solution. I'll be speaking with a support rep later today about the ticket. Thanks.

Hello, has your issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same problem, and I have even opened a ticket: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Persistent-Table-Issue-in-SQL-Endpoint-...

I have not seen the problem occur on my side recently. That said, I have received other errors when I run my dataflows that tell me there are funky things happening on the back end which I can't see.

Hi @ebjim ,
Thanks for the update. Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors