Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Default Semantic Model - Unable to remove table

I'm trying to remove the table called "dim_location" from my Lakehouse's default semantic model.

frithjof_v_0-1713022836042.png

I uncheck the dim_location table and click Confirm.

However, after I click Confirm, the dim_location table is still in the default semantic model:

frithjof_v_1-1713022926164.png

The dim_location table is also still in the Data ribbon of the Power BI Report.
So it definitely seems the dim_location table has not been removed from the Default semantic model:

frithjof_v_2-1713022994900.png

If I click Manage default semantic model again, then I can see that the table is actually included, even if I previously unchecked it and clicked Confirm. 

frithjof_v_3-1713023658274.png

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm currently experiencing this in multiple workspaces, with multiple different default semantic models.

9 REPLIES 9
Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @frithjof_v,

Don't know if it helps, but I tried reproducing your issue without any luck.

In my case when I deselect a dimProduct it stays unselected in the manage default semantical model and it is also removed from the Default Semantical Model objects view. See a screenshot of my repro below.

dimproduct_uncheck.png

Thank you @Expiscornovus 

Maybe I just experienced a transient issue.

I will check later if the issue is persisting in my case.

I checked, and it seems I still have this issue on all the default semantic models I checked, across multiple workspaces.

I tried both Edge and Chrome browser. Also tried clearing the browser cache.

I am just testing features on my trial license. Can't remember having this specific issue before. I think I will check again a couple of days later, maybe it's just transient.

Hi @frithjof_v 

Following up to see if your query got resolved or still you are facing the issue. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft 

I am still facing this issue

Hi @frithjof_v 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @frithjof_v 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you've had a chance to submit a support ticket. If you have, a reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks.

@Expiscornovus I just noticed on your screenshot that you are using Data Warehouse.

So I tried with a Data Warehouse, and I am able to successfully remove a table from the default semantic model for the Data Warehouse.

It could seem like my issue is related only to Lakehouse default semantic models.

Hi @frithjof_v,

Yes, sorry I only tried it with a Data Warehouse. I will have a look later if I can reproduce it with a different setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.