Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Creating a shortcut in lakehouse

I had created shortcut from my ADLS gen2 to fabric it works well , and I used the same  shortcut in lakehouse in files section get the data from  inputdataset container(contains two csv files) as shown below , but when I load those files into table I am getting error as OneLakeShortcutAuthorizationFailed.

poojitha_yeluru_0-1714972219268.png

After clicking new table option 

poojitha_yeluru_1-1714972350343.png

and I got below error
Onelake shortcut authorization failed. Make sure there are proper permissions and/or valid token for the storage linked by the shortcut.
activityId : 1893ef23-4eb9-4363-a37b-cbf5d7cec871
errorCode : OneLakeShortcutAuthorizationFailed
httpResponseCode : 403

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After selecting the "load" option,  in the screenshot that you had given above the data was successfully transformed into tables.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @v-cboorla-msft , Thanks for sharing the links , but after going to the above links I have given the role as storage blob reader and storage blob contributor  as shown below. and also in networking part I have enabled the public network acces from all network. After doing above all it is giving me the same error.

poojitha_yeluru_0-1714984693476.png

Hi @poojitha_yeluru 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

After selecting the "load" option,  in the screenshot that you had given above the data was successfully transformed into tables.

Hi @poojitha_yeluru 

Glad that you query got resolved.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft , The query was not solved. I think that you did not get my query I will explain you in detailed manner.
I have created shortcut(ie.testing) using adls gen2 in files section (ie  lakehouse) .
Scenario 1:
I would like to convert all the files in that shortcut(ie testing) to tables . so I selected option load to tables as shown below

poojitha_yeluru_1-1714986410916.png

I will also provide the screenshot of files inside the testing shortcut.

poojitha_yeluru_2-1714986501914.png

After that I have selected the option load to files from the shortcut. I got the below error.

poojitha_yeluru_3-1714986657935.png

Scenario 2
In this case  when I load individual file from the shortcut ie circuit.csv it succesfully convert into table.
I dont know why it is showing error in first scenario . 

Hi @poojitha_yeluru 

Have you tried to load the another file i.e races.csv? Is it succesfully converted into table or facing any issue.

Thank you.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft  the another file races.csv also be sucessfully loaded into tables, but my query is why It is giving me error when I select option load to tables in testing shortcut

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poojitha_yeluru 

Thank you for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

I tried to repro the scenario and didn't find any difficulty in loading the files into table. For reference please find the screenshot.

vcboorlamsft_0-1714982586591.png

A 403 error while accessing ADLS Gen2 in Fabric Lakehouse after creating a shortcut with your credentials indicates an authorization issue. Could you pleaser refer the below links which might help you.

Link 1 : Solved: Fabric Lakehouse Shortcut to ADLS Gen2 Storage Not... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Link 2 : Solved: Not able to connect to ADLS with shortcut in Lakeh... - Microsoft Fabric Community

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.