Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AdamFry
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot cancel notebook

Hello,

I have a notebook that I started on 4/3 that is showing in the monitoring hub as "in progress".  If I try to cancel it, I get an error stating that it is not found: 

Message: Response status code does not indicate success: NotFound (404); Substatus: 0; ActivityId: ea0db6b293ae; Reason: (
Errors : [
"Resource Not Found. Learn more: https://aka.ms/cosmosdb-tsg-not-found"
]
);

It looks like the notebook and other resources connected to it may have been removed.  Do I need to recreate it/them to be able to cancel this session?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nishamarshalll

Hello

There appears to be a potential problem locating the notebook and its related files. It could be possible to recreate them, but before you do, I suggest contacting support for more help. They could be able to assist in fixing the problem without the need for recreation.

Regards

Nisha Marshall

Prestige Camden Gardens Amenities

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nishamarshalll

Hello

There appears to be a potential problem locating the notebook and its related files. It could be possible to recreate them, but before you do, I suggest contacting support for more help. They could be able to assist in fixing the problem without the need for recreation.

Regards

Nisha Marshall

Prestige Camden Gardens Amenities

Thank you for the suggestion, I will reach out to the support team.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamFry 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing.

No, you don't need to recreate the notebook or connected resources to cancel the session. Since the notebook and resources seem to be removed, it's likely the session itself has already terminated. The "not found" error you're encountering is likely a leftover issue.

The error message specifically states "Resource Not Found," indicating Fabric can't locate the notebook for cancellation. This points towards the notebook being removed, not just inaccessible. This might be due to a temporary glitch.

If the Monitor Hub Still Shows "In Progress", even though the notebook is deleted, you can try "Force Refresh" Sometimes a refresh in the Monitoring Hub can clear outdated information. Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R) to reload the page completely.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply @v-cboorla-msft 

I've tried a hard refresh with CTRL+SHIFT+R but I still see this notebook in progress: 

AdamFry_1-1712936028742.png

Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?  I plan to delete the notebook and don't need this activity to finish but as mentioned, I get the error any time I try to cancel it.  

Hi @AdamFry 

Apologies for the delay in response from my end.

There are a couple of possibilities why your Microsoft Fabric notebook activity might be stuck in "In progress", even after refreshing the monitor hub.

Here are some possible reasons for the issue.

Long Running Job: Fabric notebooks leverage Spark for computations. Your notebook activity might involve a long-running Spark job that hasn't finished yet. This could be due to complex calculations or large datasets being processed.

Incomplete Execution: It's possible the notebook execution encountered an error or issue that halted its progress. The monitor hub might still be showing "In progress" because it hasn't received a completion signal.

Troubleshooting steps that might resolve the issue.

Check Spark Job Details: Look for the Spark job progress indicator within the notebook cell. This should provide details on tasks and stages involved. If it's stuck, it indicates a long-running job.

Spark UI: Click on the job name within the progress indicator. This should open the Spark UI where you can see detailed job execution information and potentially identify bottlenecks or errors.

Cell Execution History: Review the execution history beneath the code cell. This might provide clues about errors or warnings that could be causing the issue.

Force Stop and Rerun: If necessary, consider forcing a stop of the notebook execution and then rerunning it. This can be helpful if the job seems stuck.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Thank you again for your help with this.  Funny enough, it seems that all entries from the monitoring hub inside of Fabric prior to yesterday have been purged.  I have no filters but can't see anything from prior to yesterday, so I no longer see this running notebook.  Since the notebook has been deleted and I suspect that had something to do with it getting stuck in progress for so long, I am unable to do the steps above to check the cells in the notebook as described here.  I'm not sure if the lack of entries in the monitoring hub for anything prior to 4/15 means it's no longer stuck in progress or there's a filtering problem.  I've made sure to clear all filters so I'm not sure what happened there.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.