Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

morz3d
Frequent Visitor

Azure data studio DB project apply changes from project to Fabric data warehouse

Hi,
I am experiencing problem when trying to generate script/apply selected changes to fabrci datawarehouse.

It works well if I try to syncronize from fabric to DB project, however when i try to deploy changes other way around there is a problem.
as a simple test i am tryint to add new table (knowing that create statements is supported)

morz3d_0-1714657483409.png

When i try to generate script following error is shown: Generate script: Performing script generation is not possible for this comparison result.

If i try to apply changes there is anohter error: Apply schema compare changes: Error SQL0: Performing publish is not possible for this comparison result.
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The source login in not a member of the 'loginmanager' role. The comparison will be restricted to database scoped elements.) (Deployment cannot continue because table changes that require 'ALTER TABLE' are not supported on Synapse Data Warehouse in Microsoft Fabric at this time.) (Cannot generate deployment plan due to an internal error.)
---> System.Exception: The source login in not a member of the 'loginmanager' role. The comparison will be restricted to database scoped elements.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #1) System.Exception: Deployment cannot continue because table changes that require 'ALTER TABLE' are not supported on Synapse Data Warehouse in Microsoft Fabric at this time.<---

---> (Inner Exception #2) System.Exception: Cannot generate deployment plan due to an internal error.<---

Any advise how to solve this?

Performing script generation is not possible for this comparison result.

8 REPLIES 8
morz3d
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 
What would be the best way to create ticket since here there are multiple products involved:

• Azure Data Studio
  • SQL Database project extension
  • Microsoft Fabric

Hi @morz3d 
Try creating a support ticket with Azure Data Studio.

morz3d
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 
Unfortunately deploy to new wharehouse is not a solution when it comes to production deployment procedures 

Hi @morz3d 

I request you to create a support ticket, so that our internal team can take a close look on this to find out the reason behind this.

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/en-US/support/

After creating the ticket please provide the details here so that we can track it internally.

Thanks

Hi @morz3d 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @morz3d 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks

Hi @morz3d 
An update from the internal team:

Deploying to an existing warehouse is not yet supported. You must deploy to a new warehouse.

Hope this helps. Please let me if you have any further queries.

Hi @morz3d 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query has been resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.