Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

emartinezh
Helper I
Helper I

AWS vm doker problem connecting to SQL analytics fabric endpoint.

Hello good morning and thank you all for your effort helping people :).

We're trying to connect a docker c# application with nugget packet using sqldataclient, that reads from a fabric sql endpoint throught service principal deployed on the Microsoft Azure Entra ID, working fine in local but when we execute this connection string on a docker AWS virtual machine it's giving problems on connection.

Do you know if theres a restriction that could be affecting to the connection on this service? or do we we have to connect this docker container on other way?

By the way this docker container has not restriction on his firewall AWS NSG.

The message error we're experiencing is the following.

[One or more errors occurred. (A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards.

Eduardo.

4 REPLIES 4
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emartinezh 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

In order to understand your scenario, could you please share some more details about your connection. This will help me to understand the query and guide in better way. If feasible, sharing screenshots would be highly beneficial for visualization purposes.

Thanks.

Hello @v-cboorla-msft and thank for your reply :).

We've deployed a Fabric Azure Sql Analytics Endpoint in our Fabric environment and a Service Principal with read permissions that can connect without problems to this Endpoint to read data, all well until this.

We have an application that runs c# on docker 24.0.5 and this is using the same connection string that in local and in local works and in docker does not run.

The error is giving is: "[One or more errors occurred. (A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections"

This looks like there's something between the docker instace and the endpoint that its blocking, we've done tests deleting the rules on the firewall to allow inbound at outbound traffic from the E2C instance but still not working.

As I understand it, the SQL endpoints do not have any type of firewall filtering activated that could be preventing traffic?Because this is working in our local environment...

Thank you so much in advance and i hope i have explained myself well.

Best Regards,

Eduardo.

Hi @emartinezh 

Apologies for the delay in response.

When connecting to a SQL Server instance, you may encounter one or more of the following error messages. This article provides some steps to help you troubleshoot these errors, which are provided in order of the issues from simple to complex.

Please refer to the documentation for troubleshooting steps.

Link : A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you any further questions.

Thank you.

Hi @emartinezh 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors