Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

skins
Frequent Visitor

Stop the report data loading

Hey guys

I'm using an intranet for all my reports distribution, basically, I'm embedding them in web pages to add some nice content, explanation, ....

One of the options that I made is to open the report in full screen, so when clicking on that button the report will open on a new page but with no intranet menu, no content, no explanation will appear, just the PBI report in the web page

the problem is when the user clicks on the "Full Screen" button we will have 2 reports loading at the same time, the first one with the content ...., and the one on the new page, which is slowing the reports loading,  if we have many users doing the something it will create a problem for the Workspace capacity 😞 

I was thinking if I clear the report zone <div> on the first page would be enough to stop the report loading so only the report on the second page will continue to be loaded, or should I call a specific API to stop loading the first instance... or something else maybe ?

What do you think? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you suspect the queries to be identical you can enable query caching for your dataset.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
skins
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin,

It's a deduction because when monitoring the traffic I noticed that each page is loading almost the same size of data, which means that the workspace served the data twice for the same client, I'm wrong?

If you suspect the queries to be identical you can enable query caching for your dataset.

Ok, I will enable it

so you don't think emptying the first page will change something on the report speed and Workspace capacity right ?

yeah, I don't think these contribute.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

which is slowing the reports loading,  if we have many users doing the something it will create a problem for the Workspace capacity :disappointed_face: 

Do you have facts to corroborate this claim, or is it just an assumption?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.