Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maserraru

Icon Map certified

Hi,

I would like to use the awsome visual object Icon Map from @jamesdales but I'm worried about the fact that it is not a certified visual by Power BI. Can anyone clarify why it is not certified? Is it due to the use of JS libraries? Is it secure for my organization to use the visual or how can I convice them to use it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @maserraru. Icon Map unfortunately can't be certified as one of the criteria of a certified visual is that it doesn't access any external resources. This means that map visuals can't be certified as they need to access the maps themselves, which are external resources. In addition Icon Map can also access images, geo json layers etc if you configure them. There's more information here: Icon Map - FAQs (icon-map.com)

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @maserraru. Icon Map unfortunately can't be certified as one of the criteria of a certified visual is that it doesn't access any external resources. This means that map visuals can't be certified as they need to access the maps themselves, which are external resources. In addition Icon Map can also access images, geo json layers etc if you configure them. There's more information here: Icon Map - FAQs (icon-map.com)

Thanks

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.