Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jsilvmol
Frequent Visitor

How to actualize datasets from Process Mining data and Reutilice my owns dashboards.

I have created a project with a small amount of data in Power Automate Process Mining. Later, I have transferred it to PowerBI to create my custom dashboards.

Now, I would like to increase the data load in Process Mining and, upon dumping the data, have it updated in the PowerBI dataset so that I can reuse my owns dashboards.

Is this possible? Is there a limitation when it comes to updating data and linking it to custom Dashboards in Power BI?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jsilvmol ,

According to your question, I want to increase the data load in Process Mining and update the data in the PowerBI dataset after dumping the data, can you confirm the way you use to bring up the data in Power Automate Process Mining for Power BI connection? If you want to increase the amount of data, can you find a flow method in Power Automate to regularly export the data and make it available for PBI connection or do data refresh?

An increase in Process Mining data load affects the visualizations, analytics, and insights gained from Process Mining, which in turn affects dashboards, and there is a need to balance the amount of data with dashboard performance to ensure optimal results.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Overview of process mining and task mining in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Overview of process mining in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

My starting point is: I created a process in Process Mining with a small load of data, then performed the analysis, and linked the project to Power BI as outlined in the following documentation: Customize a report with your own Power BI workspace - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Once I have the project imported into Power BI Web, I downloaded the .pbix and added new filters, KPIs etc.

What I want to know is if when I load more data into Process Mining or make any kind of additional adjustments if there is a chance that it will somehow update my model and still be able to use the measurements and visualizations that I have previously configured .

That is, if it is allowed to create from the Process Mining root information a base that can be updated and that allows configuring all the views that you want to expand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.