Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VE
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Tiles not working with Power BI App

Hi people,

I had some troubles in presenting a Dashboard on my published power bi app. 
Visuals were not visible in the app with an error "The report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permissions to view it."
This issue started to happen since the latest update that power bi team made on the 2nd of September.
The Publish App platform was totally changed and brough some extra issues to it.
If you have some troubles with this kind of issue, do the following workaround:
- Update App in the workspace
- Hide in the Audience section the report containing the tile
- Publish it (Update)
- Update App again in the workspace
- Unhide in the Audience section the report containing the tile
- Publish it again (Update)
- If you do not wish to see it on the menu, go back to the update app, hide it then publish it again.
- Refresh your browser
- Then it should get ride of the issue (if not, please contact the support)

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VE
Frequent Visitor

8 REPLIES 8
rteeples

Didn't work for me. I cannot get tiles to appear on an App.

MCBPBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We are facing the same issue and described solutions doesn't work for us. Several people (not all) can't click the tiles in de dashboard and open the report behind the tile. We tried several browsers (Chrome, Microsoft Edge) as well. Is there any other fix for this? Thanks a lot!

VE
Frequent Visitor

Hi MCBPBI,

The problem that I described is related to an audience component visibility issue. Somehow report that we are not willing to show can be hidden but still accessible from a dashboard tile. Maybe in your case it could be different. There is a difference between pinning "Visuals" or "Report Pages" on a Dashboard. If you click on a Visual tile, you will easily navigate to the visual that is on its source report page. If you click a Report Page tile, here the thing will be different. Instead of navigating to the source report page, you will interact with the visual selection filtering (of a chart, table or matrix for example). You still can navigate to the report page if you click on the title header tile or if you click on the 3 dotes and select "Go to report". 
If what I described does not solve anything, check your Dashboard configurations from the workspace.

I am sure that you already went through all those steps. If you are still having troubles, please contact the support.

MCBPBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi and thanks for your help. 

Situation at our side is starting with a dashboard page:

MCBPBI_0-1667225114687.png

Which contains several tiles, which are linked to reports in de same workspace

MCBPBI_1-1667225166568.png

MCBPBI_2-1667225175952.png

All worked fine for "ages" but all of a sudden users click the tile and nothing happends.

I hope you have a solution for us. Thanks again!

VE
Frequent Visitor

Usually I don't use the custom links. What I do is to create a rectangle with a text configured to it and pin the visual only from the report page to the dashboard (it works as custom link).
I guess it could be a workaround to your issue.

MCBPBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but is no possible workaround for us. We have about 45 reports with a multiple visuals. It has been working in the past and only an issue for a selection of people. This seems more to be a bug since the new workspace/dashboard experience.

VE
Frequent Visitor

Indeed 😉

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to mark your post as the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.