Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Abelardusca
Frequent Visitor

Challenge getting multiple columns ‘grouped’ on a Clustered bar chart or a Stacked column chart

Hello,

I am uploading data in Power BI from Excel to show data using either a bar chart or a column chart. The Excel table (data source) below shows numbers (already calculated in percentages) pulled from another Excel tab. Values are pulled into a tab that is more flat for Power BI.

TIERSRANKVENDOR3 MTH4-6 MTH6-9 MTH9-12 MOTH12 PLUS MTH
11A97.43%97.16%84.25&94.4492.73%
12B100.00%98.00%#N/A87%78%
13C98%100%69%100%88.75%
15D87.23%98%68%88%100%
18E87%98%100%100%98%
112F98%88%78%98%100%

I tested using Power BI charts with another Excel data that shows whole numbers (quantity of defects), and the charts grouped all the five time periods (fields) per vendor (graph below in Power BI); however, when using data showing in Excel as percentages, the Acceptance ‘Rate’, graphs don’t group periods per vendor.

Flat Data Form2.PNG

When I use values in percentages, the charts don’t group the data as per the view above. I tried ‘Unpivoting” the columns to have a better format; however, it does not work since Power BI rejects the duplicated values resulted from the Tiers field (same value = 1) after unpivoting the columns.

GOAL: To get the view shown above or below where the time periods in percentages are grouped for every vendor/supplier (view above from Power BI is using whole numbers; view below is the actual chart in Excel using values in percentages).

Flat Data Form3.PNG

Please let me know how I can achieve the grouping of periods either transforming the data in a different way in Excel or using DAX or other ways.

Thank you!

Danika

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Apart from some needed cleaning on your sample data this looks straightforward?

lbendlin_0-1695945838222.png

see attached

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.