Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

stacked chart problem: Visualization show item with no data but with extra month visib

Hello to everyone 

I have a big problem and i can't find a solution

i have Two Tables

Calendar[date] and Fact [Order]

From 01/01/2019 to today

Calendar[Date]  Fact[Order]

01/01/2019      1

02/01/2019       19

03/01/2019        3

04/29/2020         4

Our aim is to show the date above with a stacked column chart with the following rules:

- date hierarchy YY/MM/DD

-  be alble to filters with the button "Last Month" "Last year"

- make visible everything so i have to use "show item with no data"

ppt.png

This is the sesult but unfortunately here start the problem 

As you can see on X axis i have all months for the 2020 like "2020 may" "2020 June" etc, i dont want that i want visualize just the months from 01/01/2019 to today. 

Everything work properly if i don't use the "show items wiht no data" but as consequence months like 2020 January or 2019 april are not present anymore.

Someone can help me !

Thanks a lot 

Tom 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

As per my understanding, you want to limit the date to show your stacked chart?

If you want to do this, you may simply click on the date hierarchy and drag the month column from that hierarchy and drop it in the filters section to the right side of the canvas. 

Similarly, you may do this with Year and Quarter as well to limit the data.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Yes becuase i have this situation 

ppt.png

And make no sense to visualize month like 2020 may, 2020 June etc so visualize future months.  i just visualize on x axis the months from 2019 January to Today. 

But i can't understand how ? if i add on Calendar[date] show item with no values i have this situation in the other side if i don't use it a lost some months like 2020 January or 2019 July that must be included. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , May I ask you from where did you take the X-Axis? I mean is it from the data or did you create a separate table for Calander?

if you took the x-axis from the data and used the date column to build a cardinality between Calander and data tables, I'd suggest you use the date from Calander table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  the X Axis coming from a Date/Time column that i create with dax Fuction Calendar("01/01/2019, today()) from Calender Dimension Table . So automatically powerbi generate YY/MM/DD hierarchy on axis.

pp.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.