Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

smun

dynamically and automatically recenter visuals on the page?

Hello! I am creating reports that will serve different segments of my organization, and each user will need to filter the visuals differently, depending on their role. I'm using mostly tables, matrices, and charts. I'd like to get the visuals to dynamically respond to the filters by recentering on the page. Often times, setting a new filter will cause the table or matrix to change size (column widths) dramatically and the whole thing becomes offset to the far left. I'd like it to remain centered because the users would like to PDF the reports and have them look more polished than they currently do. The "responsive" toggle under Properties in General settings is disabled for some reason, but I'm not sure if this is related at all. Thank you for any pointers. Even a hard "no" is helpful because then I can stop searching for a way to do this. So far, my search suggests that there is no way to do this, but I know Microsoft is constantly updating and improving Power BI, so I thought I'd ask just in case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smun ,

Regarding your question, I haven't searched for a relevant article on how to automatically center visual objects at the moment.Location can only be changed manually in Power BI Desktop.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1714537877592.png

You mentioned that the column widths have changed causing the position to change, perhaps you could manually increase the column widths.

Move the mouse over the area and a symbol will appear.   (<-||->)

vzhouwenmsft_1-1714538303281.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smun ,

Regarding your question, I haven't searched for a relevant article on how to automatically center visual objects at the moment.Location can only be changed manually in Power BI Desktop.

vzhouwenmsft_0-1714537877592.png

You mentioned that the column widths have changed causing the position to change, perhaps you could manually increase the column widths.

Move the mouse over the area and a symbol will appear.   (<-||->)

vzhouwenmsft_1-1714538303281.png

Thank you! Currently, the column widths are dynamically auto-sizing based on the cell contents, which is fine and preferred. Good to know that I cannot auto-re-center visuals though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.