Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

uif04775
Frequent Visitor

conditional color Stack column chart

Screenshot 2022-06-27 170648.png

Hello Everyone, how do i color first 2 bars exactly like this and rest of the bar in the stack,please help me out with a solution.If possible explain indetail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @uif04775 ,

According to your screenshot, I think you have added a column into Legend field in your Stacked Column Chart. So we can see multiple colors in Color in Columns.

RicoZhou_0-1656567611022.png

As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to use conditional formatting after we use Legend in Statcked Column Chart. Power BI will determind the color for each legend based on theme. If we need to change the color for legends, we need to select the legend and choose the color we need manually.

RicoZhou_1-1656567770385.png

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function :

Enable Conditional formatting for Legends and columns series in Stacked bar

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Arul
Super User
Super User

@uif04775 ,

Write a simple measure using selected value in switch function along with your condition and use it in condtional formatting.

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

uif04775
Frequent Visitor

please could breif it in step by step.

@uif04775 ,

1. Write a measure like this for your requirement

Arul_0-1656396181815.png

2. Use that measure in conditional formatting (fx).

Arul_1-1656396247651.png

3. Set your measure in field value category.

Arul_2-1656396306374.png

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

uif04775
Frequent Visitor

uif04775_1-1656396697187.png

If you could see my snippet, thier is no option of conditional formating

Hi @uif04775 ,

According to your screenshot, I think you have added a column into Legend field in your Stacked Column Chart. So we can see multiple colors in Color in Columns.

RicoZhou_0-1656567611022.png

As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to use conditional formatting after we use Legend in Statcked Column Chart. Power BI will determind the color for each legend based on theme. If we need to change the color for legends, we need to select the legend and choose the color we need manually.

RicoZhou_1-1656567770385.png

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function :

Enable Conditional formatting for Legends and columns series in Stacked bar

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I also have the same problem.
I also need this feature. My work like I have 4 columns, first is DateTime (every hour 2023-8-17 00:00, 2023-08-17 01:00...), second is Silo No. (silo1, silo2,...), third is Quantity (ton) of product produced in each silo each hour, fourth is Quality (%) each hour each silo. when plot in stacked bar chart x-axis-->Silo No., y-axis-->Quantity (ton), legend-->DateTime, tootip--> Quality. I need to set condition format for each column in case quality 0%-50% Red, 51%-75% Yellow, >75% Green. something like this. the problem i found limitation of legend only 60 items and cannot set the condition format of columns.
สกรีนช็อต 2023-08-17 095432.jpg

have you figured how to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.