Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Why is "automatically find clusters" unavailable? March 2024 version.

It seems I'm unable to find the "automatically find clusters option" in a scatter plot.

pborah_0-1712669372700.png

Both fields are numeric, not summarized. Roughly 21k data points. Data connection is in import mode. Desktop version is March  2024. Unfortunately I cannot share a sample pbix due to data confidentiality.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@pborah I can't find it either. Going through the instructions here: Build Scatter Plots in Power BI and Automatically Find Clusters (mssqltips.com).

Created an Issue for this: March 2024 Automatically Find Clusters unavailable... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

thanks @Greg_Deckler . Trying really hard here to not go on a rant about PowerBI's nonsensical "analytical" capabilities. Both desktop and service. 

@pborah If this gets accepted as a bug, I am growing increasingly concerned about the amount of technical debt in this product and the overall quality of recent desktop releases. Please follow the link and vote for the Issue as that helps increase visibility internally at Microsoft.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.