Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kewaynes
Helper III
Helper III

Unexpected Tooltip Page Behavior

Hi,

I have run into something that seems interesting with the a tooltip page. 

I have a simple dataset:

kewaynes_0-1713382028074.png

I create a chart to show a running total:

kewaynes_1-1713382060555.png

I then create a tooltip page that the chart references. It uses the same running total measure. Everything works as expected.

kewaynes_2-1713382142504.pngkewaynes_3-1713382153242.png

However, here is where it gets interesting. If I add a slicer and filter to two categories, the tooltip starts to not work as I would expect:

kewaynes_4-1713382223491.pngkewaynes_6-1713382241576.png

It's as if the tooltip (located on a tooltip page) is being affected by the category. But the chart, which uses the same running total measure, is not. Bc the chart is still calculating the running total line correctly. And this unexpected behavior only happens when I apply the slicer. 

Any thoughts on what's causing this and how to get the tooltip to work as I would expect and still show a running total?

If it helps, I can try and share this demo report in drop box.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the reply from @amitchandak , please allow me to provide another insight:

Hi  @kewaynes ,

According to research, my side shows normal values and cannot reproduce your scenario.

vyangliumsft_0-1713775845760.png

You can check to see if there are other tables associated with the table that are causing the data not to display properly

Make sure you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop:

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Lui,

It won't let me add the file here. What's the easiest way for me to send it to you? Email?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kewaynes , Seem strange. Make sure all values are passed to the tooltip page. This means "Keep all Filters" is on

amitchandak_0-1713407847162.png

Thanks for the response. Keep all filters is indeed turned on in the tooltip page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.