Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to Google BigQuery table from the latest version of PowerBi desktop

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (310) Storage API Error: DNS resolution failed.
'.

I have a GCP account and  can easily connect to BIG query in GCP but cant connect via Powerbi?

PowerBI - Version: 2.92.943.0 64-bit (April 2021)

4 REPLIES 4
songogeta32
Helper I
Helper I

What is the permanent solution of this?

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

This is a known issue regarding customer trying to access large volumes of data by connecting to Google BigQuery in import mode.(ICM:219759957)

17.png

I would sugget you reach out to Google support team and create a support issue. It seems that this issue is due Google's GRPC API .Google support team have all the context for this issue.They will be able to provide updates and progress on this issue.  All the investigation and fixes are being worked on Google side.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

jmartin0807
Frequent Visitor

Change your first step to this in Power Query:

= GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject="Enter Billing Project Name", UseStorageApi=false])

This fixed the issue for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (31780) Not found. Not found: Project xxxxxxx
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleBigQuery
DataSourcePath=GoogleBigQuery
OdbcErrors=[Table]

At source I changed it but in next steps was not able to load the table . Looks like this connector is not tested thoroughly and has been released to market

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.