Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

xuanhoang
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip Customization for Highlighted Bars in Power BI Charts

Hello everyone, I have a question about tooltips. I've changed the "edit interactions" of a bar chart to "Highlight," so when I select, the bar chart will be divided into two parts, with the tooltip automatically having "Highlighted." My question is, is there a way to show one type of tooltip when hovering over the unhighlighted part and another type of tooltip when hovering over the highlighted part? For example, showing different values in the tooltip. I thought about custom tooltips, but I don't know how to get the hover event. Thank you for reading.

xuanhoang_0-1709542935633.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@xuanhoang 

if i understand correctly,  you want change the tooltip on the visual , base on your selection from your table visual. 

if this is the case, im afraid there is no way to achieve this ( as far as i know ).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@xuanhoang 

i think, you can achieve this doing the following : 

remove the legend.

now let us say you have 2 values in your legend. ( sick hours, working hours )  

so you need to create 2 measures , base on the values of the legend .

so

measure 1=  calculate ( sum( ... ) , table_name[col_name] = "sick hours" ) 

measure 2=  calculate ( sum( ... ) , table_name[col_name] = "working hours" ) 

now add these 2 measure to the visual.

now create w custom tooltips. 

now the trick here,  that when you create the tooltip page,  for tooltip 1, drag and drop the first measure on the "show tooltip on"  section .

Daniel29195_0-1709544674279.png

let me know if this workaround helps you out. 

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

I'm apologize that my above image confused you.
In my case, I don't have the legend. A matrix will interact with the bar chart.

xuanhoang_0-1709547130619.png

@xuanhoang 

if i understand correctly,  you want change the tooltip on the visual , base on your selection from your table visual. 

if this is the case, im afraid there is no way to achieve this ( as far as i know ).

Thank you for your support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.