Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chyang0107
Frequent Visitor

Table Visualization - from columns to rows

Hey everyone,

I would need your help on how to transpose the data from columns to rows by using Table visualization. Could I know if you could provide your insights on this task

Current table visul

IDGrant ManagerGrant_StartGrant_End
20001Mary04/01/202203/31/2026

Expected table visul

ID20001
Grant ManagerMary
Grant_Start04/01/2022
Grant_End03/31/2026

Thanks,

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fahadqadir3
Resolver II
Resolver II

ResultResult

@chyang0107 I duplicated the table just for this example, you don't need to duplicate it. You first need to select all column and unpivot. For filter the table by ID i create a new column in PQ and use fill down. Power BI file attached.

Power Query TransformationPower Query Transformation

Unpivot Columns pbix.pbix

Regards,

Fahad Qadir

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chyang0107
Frequent Visitor

Hey Fahad,

I appreciate your reply and insights. I am sorry to mislead you in my original post. My workflow (listed below) allowed the user to select a project by dropdown list, and then the final table visualization would demonstate the information associated from a wide and long table by the matching the id. It means the example in the first post was not the original table but the resulting table visualization.   

Your insights on how to transpose the columns to rows based on my configuration would be appreciated. 

chyang0107_0-1715177275334.png

fahadqadir3
Resolver II
Resolver II

ResultResult

@chyang0107 I duplicated the table just for this example, you don't need to duplicate it. You first need to select all column and unpivot. For filter the table by ID i create a new column in PQ and use fill down. Power BI file attached.

Power Query TransformationPower Query Transformation

Unpivot Columns pbix.pbix

Regards,

Fahad Qadir

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.