Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Spreewell716
Frequent Visitor

Slicer search is not working properly with larger chunks of data

Hi,

I have couple reports with multiple slicers which all pulls the data from the same table. 2 of my slicer search is functioning properly because they contains relatively more number of rows than others. We are not having this issue with the others. As the data is big, it's a must for us to implement the search functionalty in order for the user to find what they are looking for.
When the users types some characters, the functional ones brings the results. However with the slicer that I'm having the issue the user either needs to type the exact match or the ID as the pattern of the column is "ID-Text"

Detailed Info:
Pattern of the row: "ID-Text" (ID has ~5 characters, Text has multiple words with ~40 characters)
Number of rows: ~900
Data Type: Text
Connection Type: Direct Query

I'm aware the custom visual alternatives like Smart Filter by OKViz which works like a charm but our JS API usage requires us to use default visuals rather than the custom alternatives.

I'm curious about the best practices or the possible solutions to resolve this kind of scenarios. There seem to no information on the internet, or at least I couldn't find. If this issue a duplicate, I can remove it.

Thank you so much for the answers in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Spreewell716 ,

Maybe you could try to create Q&A in your report.

Use Q&A in Power BI Desktop for natural language queries

Q&A for Power BI consumers

qna4.gif 

If that can't help you, as I know, there is not a proper way to implement your requirement.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.