Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Krushnab85
Frequent Visitor

Scatter chart X axis sorting issue

Hi I am using a scatter chart, i placed Date on X axis, Count of orders on Y axis, Days from order to ship in the legend, Count of orders in the size. But the visual is not sorting as per date, I have done sorting with header icons, with sort by column options and many more but i am not getting the answer. I need this data by sorting by date in ascending order

4 REPLIES 4
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Krushnab85 
I replicated your scenario on my data and it worked correctly :

Ritaf1983_0-1704351058126.png

make sure that the data type of the date column is date:

Ritaf1983_1-1704351111225.png

and try to compare our files.
If it still doesn't work share a link to your pbix

My example is attached.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I tried to solve but its not working, Please find link of pbix and help me out. Thank you for your attention

Hi @Ritaf1983  Any suggestion or solution over this?

Hi @Krushnab85 

Apologies for the delayed response, I had a busy day.

The sorting issue is caused by the clustering of shipping days.
Without it , the sort order is correct:

Ritaf1983_0-1704471874030.png

The last two points are outliers in terms of the clustering that the graph performs, and that's why you're not able to sort properly, unfortunately, there is no way to fix it.

In the past, we had a categorical scatter plot for these purposes, but unfortunately, it no longer exists.

You can try to replace this graph with a line graph with only markers (no lines). Of course, you won't be able to affect the size of the points, but you will be able to show the division by colors as you are doing here.
Please refer to the linked discussion for more information.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Scatter-chart-two-data-points-not-in-date-order/td...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.