Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

datamunger1245
Frequent Visitor

R script and R visuals in Power BI

I am working in PBI and made some updates to my underlying data stored in a csv.  The updates were in a categorical variable column and upon refreshing the data in PBI I get an error message stating PBI can't find a seperate numeric column which it was previously loaded without any problem.  

Any thoughts?  

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @datamunger1245,

If I understand your scenario correctly that your report contains R visual and you get this error when you modify the underlying data source?

How do you modify the data source?

If it is convenient, could you share your error message with screenshot?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry - that initial post could have been a bit more clear.  I was working with my data in Rstudio to tidy it up.  Saved my data as a csv and loaded it up in PBI.  I notice PBI doesn't deal with NAs and when there's one or more in the column where I should have numeric values.  PBI views the column as a text column data type.  Upon noticing this, I went back into R to omit my NAs, saved the csv and loaded it up into PBI w/out NAs.  However, PBI still won't view the column as a numeric data type....even after refreshing and multipe saves to the csv pulling out NAs.  

It would be great if PBI could deal with NAs.  Second is there a way PBI can refresh correctly to view my underyling data.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.