Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

coatsy35
Frequent Visitor

Quartile Display

Hi,

I have an excel report which I am trying to turn into a Power BI report, I have converted all of it apart from one part I am struggling with - a Quartile display. In Excel I was using a dial gauge to show where an amployee was in relation to their colleagues

I have attached some sample data in an excel file with explanations.

Basically, the report needs to work out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd percentiles of the employees sell out rate in a data set for a given depot, then work out the quartile that the emploee's sell out rate sits in and show them where they are in a graphical format in a gauge that currently starts at 0 and ends at 100 and has 4 segments like below. However I am totally stumped as to where to start. In Excel I have a pivot table that summerises by year and then I calculate which segment they sit in and then define a proportion value for the pointer display. Then when I switch employees on my slicer the pointer moves to the relevant position (now I know the guage in Power BI can't do 4 segments, but I have a guage that can, which I have downloaded) so just need to work out how to lay out the data to get their position. Sample File 

coatsy35_1-1711388821565.png

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.