Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Viktorija07

Power BI and Dynamics 365 F&O licenses

Hi,

1. As I can understand from the Power BI materials, every user with whom I share anything (Reports/Dashboards) from Power BI needs to have a license?
2. If user has Power BI license and doesn't have Dynamics 365 F&O license, can they still see everything that I've shared to them? I want to share some data with users which don't have F&O license, that is why I'm curious how can I manage that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Viktorija07 ,

According to your statement, I think you want to learn more details about the prerequisites about how to share report / dashboard with teammates.

For reference:

• You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, whether you share content inside or outside your organization.
  • Your recipients also need Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.
  • If you want to allow recipients to edit a shared report, you have to assign the user a workspace role that allows editing. To learn more about role-level permissions and how to assign roles, read Roles in workspaces.

vrzhoumsft_0-1712741886285.png

For more details: Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you want to share with external users, you can try steps as below.

Distribute content to external guest users with Microsoft Entra B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Viktorija07 ,

According to your statement, I think you want to learn more details about the prerequisites about how to share report / dashboard with teammates.

For reference:

• You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, whether you share content inside or outside your organization.
  • Your recipients also need Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.
  • If you want to allow recipients to edit a shared report, you have to assign the user a workspace role that allows editing. To learn more about role-level permissions and how to assign roles, read Roles in workspaces.

vrzhoumsft_0-1712741886285.png

For more details: Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you want to share with external users, you can try steps as below.

Distribute content to external guest users with Microsoft Entra B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.